- Withdraw the money from its self-insurance fund (article 1071.1 of the C.C.Q.);
- Apportion the amount for the damage among all of the co-owners as a common expense based on their share (article 1074.2 of the C.C.Q.);
And if there is a responsible party
- Claim the responsible party for the amount of its damages (co-owner or the third party).
Regardless of whether or not the co-owner’s unit is damaged, the syndicate can claim from the co-owner his/her share of the damage amount, which is considered a common expense (article 1074.2 of the C.C.Q.):
- The apportionment that results from the application of a deductible is not covered by the co-owner policies suggested by IBC. So this amount must be assumed by the co-owner;
And if a co-owner is responsible
- The responsible co-owner has civil liability coverage for the total amounts claimed from him/her.