- Withdraw the money from its self-insurance fund (article 1071.1 of the C.C.Q.);
- Apportion the amount for the damage among all of the co-owners as a common expense based on their share (article 1074.2 of the C.C.Q.);
And if there is a responsible party
- Claim the responsible co-owner for the amount non payable by the contract of the syndicate;
- Claim the responsible third party for the total amount of the damage (article 1074.1 of the C.C.Q.).
- The co-owner insurance policies suggested by IBC cover the apportionment for the amount of the insufficiency;
- If the peril is covered by the co-owner’s policy, the co-owner will be indemnified for the portion representing an insufficiency, according to the policy’s coverages, less the portion of the syndicate’s deductible;